This podcast series explores a game-changing understanding of the human mind that operates ''before psychology'' - that can exponentially increase the performance, resourcefulness and well-being for any individual or organisation.
Piers chats with the authors of a new wonderfully helpful book on the subject of exploring Non Duality (which forms the foundation of Quality of Mind). Helen Amery the co-author, has been a regular on the show and she is joined by Sara Priestley to discuss how they developed 'The Complete Book of Awakening'.
In this episode we discuss:
- How the book – The Complete Book of Awakening - came about
- Why the book is called “Complete”
- The definition of awakening
- Who the book is for -Why this isn’t a book to ‘read for gist’
- Why the book removes all spiritual dogma and paradox
- Why direct inquiry and logic are a powerful combination
- The three levels of experience and putting them in their right order
- Why our conceptual labels don’t reflect reality
- Why resistance arises during an awakening inquiry and why that’s OK
- Why this inquiry is your own – you have to see it for yourself – and why the outcome isn’t a life floating in bliss as many imagine it to be
- Why goals of a nicer life must be put secondary to seeing your essential nature
- How do you know if you’ve recognsied your essential nature – awakened?
- Why awakening results in the behaviour changes that we usually ‘try’ to make happen in business
Curious - want to know more?
Go to the Thoughtful Raven website for free resources that go with the book, purchasing links for the book and journal, and links to courses and a community, as well as to get in touch with Helen and Sara.
Thoughtful Raven – The home of practical spirituality booksYou can buy the book on Amazon and also The Complete Book of Awakening – Exploration Journal
- Check out our other Quality of Mind podcast episodes, a curated list here
- Helens initial appearance on the Quality of Mind podcast, and her experience of being coached in this understanding, and more recently talking about 'Does the Mind really work Inside Out'
- Find out more about Quality of Mind
- Subscribe to our Quality of Mind Youtube channel for a series of 2 min videos all about Quality of Mind
Check out our other episodes, a curated list here
Piers Thurston regularly writes about Quality of Mind on LinkedIn and has a large collection of articles and posts
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.