This podcast series explores the 'before psychology' game-changing understanding of the human mind that can exponentially increase the performance, resourcefulness and well-being for any individual or organisation.
This episode is a conversation with Helen Amery, a fellow coach of the understanding behind Quality of Mind, who poses an excellent exploration, the difference between being 'awake' and having an 'enlightened life'. Do we need to be 'awake' to have an enlightened life? What do those words even mean? Explore with us on this episode...
The discussion covers:
- What do we mean by those words? A simple description
- If we have a recognition of being 'awake' does that lead to an enlightened life?
- What makes it hard to have an enlightened life without a recognition of 'our true nature'
- Two more words - The difference between 'inquiry' and 'reflection'
- How different coaching approaches start from different places; what truly makes the difference
- Is this relevant for the workplace? What does it offer?
- How psychological safety is an innocent reverse engineering due to a misunderstanding
- Some of the indicators that you might be on the path to either....
Curious - want to know more?
- During the show we mentioned Helen’s post that prompted this recording. Here’s that original post
- To find out about Helen’s work go to her main website where you can find out about her Wild Fig Community, private sessions and free resources Awakening and Enlightenment | Coach and Guide (wildfigsolutions.co.uk)
- And for everything relating to The Complete Book of Awakening, go to its publishing website, Thoughtful Raven. There you’ll find a link through to the courses and community for the book. Thoughtful Raven – The home of practical spirituality books.
- Listen to Helen on her journey back in 2019 as she starts to have realisations about the principles behind Quality of Mind in this special behind the scenes 3 part mini series
- Find out more about Quality of Mind
- If you want to know more about 'becoming awake' check out our new 𝗗𝗜𝗥𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗘𝗫𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗖𝗘 𝗦𝗘𝗟𝗙 𝗜𝗡𝗤𝗨𝗜𝗥𝗬 programme, which is a simple guide you to experience it direct for you.
- Subscribe to our Quality of Mind Youtube channel for a series of 2 min videos all about Quality of Mind
- Check out our other episodes, a curated list here
- Piers Thurston regularly writes about Quality of Mind on LinkedIn and has a large collection of articles and posts